Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia Reviews

Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia Reviews

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Best Weight Loss Plan Recipes in Philadelphia PA

Hello everyone in this article I am going to be giving you some really good recipes that I found from going to local restaurants and bakeries in the Philadelphia region. 

These recipes are delicious and we're going to also go over some of the smoothies that I enjoyed at some of our local Philadelphia smoothie shops and we're also going to be giving you recipes for some awesome breakfast omelets that I loved from some of the diners in the Philadelphia region. 

So just sit back relax and take note of all these fantastic recipes.  I hope you enjoy them because I certainly did. 

The whole thing is with these recipes when I had them at these restaurants and diners and bakeries they were loaded with lots of calories so I tried to make them into nice delicious low-calorie version of these meals. 

Some of them are going to be 200 calories or even a little bit less than 200 calories and then others are going to be upwards of 200 calories maybe going up to 400 calories or a little bit over or under 400 calories. 

The ones that are a little bit higher in calories have a little bit of an extra punch to them as far as flavor and things like that. The breakfast omelet recipes are very low in calories because eggs are probably one of the best foods for us to be eating as far as nutrition, staying fit and even if you want to lose weight. 

Eggs are loaded with lots of good healthy protein, good healthy fats and the calorie level is very low. A large eggs has maybe about 70 calories or something like that. As you know normally I will just enjoy a nice cup of coffee for breakfast with some grass-fed butter and a tablespoon or two tablespoons of coconut oil. 

I always found this to be very satisfying but I noticed that recently my blood sugar levels have not been as good as they have been in the past. So I started adding a couple eggs to my breakfast in the morning and I actually stopped doing the coconut oil and butter in my coffee first thing in the morning. 

So I'm doing a little bit of an experiment on myself seeing which menu which foods will help maintain my body weight below 170 pounds and will also keep my blood sugar levels within normal limits.  If you are one of my subscribers and read this blog every week or so you know that throughout the week my body weight might fluctuate anywhere from one hundred and sixty-three pounds all the way up to 170 pounds. 

Now I consider this normal because most of the week I follow a very strict diet I follow a diet that is high in fat good health and low in carbohydrates but my willpower is not really big a strong as it has been in the past. So for 5 days I follow a very tight diet and then 2 days of the week I am more loose with my diet by eating a little more starchy carbohydrates. 

But of late, I have been munching on French fries, popcorn even some bread if we go out to dinner or go to a friends for dinner or something like that. So I know that my willpower has been slacking, in that has been a reason for my sugar increase probably especially at night. I mean the Mrs. and I went out yesterday and for lunch and for dinner I had a double bacon cheeseburger with an order of french fries. 

Now this is definitely not a healthy way to eat. Maybe having one of these a week is fine but I actually had two of these carb and sodium loaded meals in one day. Suffice to say I was 6 pounds heavier than next day. I was the heaviest that I have ever been in quite some time. I actually was 174 pounds so I really have to start getting my stuff together again. So for today I am going to keep a really clean diet. 

My lovely wife just made me 2 large eggs and of course I had a cup of coffee with that but I just mixed it with half and half and a little bit of heavy whipping cream. I would have used just the heavy whipping cream but I only had about a teaspoon of that and I really like my coffee extra light. 

It's funny I like the dark roast and Columbian roast coffee and even the espresso coffee but I do like to mix my creamer in there. In my mind it's okay because if I'm using the heavy whipping cream it has lots of good healthy fat and that should hopefully help keep my sugar and insulin levels lower.

So for me today my breakfast is going to be these two eggs and for my lunch I'm actually going to try to skip lunch today I'm going to try to do a little bit of intermittent fasting where for today I'm just going to do two full meals. 

I'm just going to eat these two eggs for breakfast, and I am going to have coffee throughout the day of course with half and half and some Splenda or Stevia and I'm going to drink lots of water during the entire day it's going to be my goal to drink 100 ounces of water today. 

I did some reading and I read that we should be drinking half of our body weight in ounces of water and then if you're drinking something like coffee or soda or something other than water that we should actually drink that same amount in water so because I usually drink at least 20 ounces of coffee every day I'm going to be trying to drink an additional 20 ounces of water in addition to the 80 ounces of water that I try to drink every day normally. 

So I hope this works and hopefully and if it does I will be several pounds lighter tomorrow morning when I wake up. Now because I ate my meals at restaurants yesterday and because they were probably loaded with salt, (the french fries definitely had lots of salt in them and when you get hamburgers at at the restaurant they usually have lots of salt and then even when you eat chicken out at the restaurants and diners if they are usually loaded with sodium as well; it makes them look plump and juicy and it makes it look like you're getting a whole lot more for your money than  you really are) and I know this and I should not have eaten both of these meals yesterday but sometimes stuff happens and you just don't follow the diet plan 100% perfectly. 

But I know that even though I messed up yesterday and I over-indulged with my food intake and not eating the right types of food that if I follow my usual recipe plan for today like I have just laid out for you, a few sentences ago, that I should hopefully be anywhere from three or even four pounds lighter tomorrow. 

Again I'm sure a lot of the weight I've gained has been from water weight from the salty food that I ate yesterday. And because of this I'm going to make sure that I'm drinking extra water today in order to flush that extra water out of me. In my personal experience when I feel that I'm over bloated and that I'm retaining too much water from having too much sodium in my diet that by drinking a whole lot of extra water and following a very clean diet for a few days this helps get rid of that water weight very nicely. 

I know some people do exactly the opposite they stop drinking water and this is the worst thing to do because your body needs water. In fact some of our weight loss clients the only thing that I did with their diet plan is I had them increase their water intake and then they lost five or six pounds immediately without even changing their regular eating habits. 

They were following a pretty good diet but they were drinking soda, but I will say that were drinking diet soda so that's not as bad but you still need to drink regular water in order for your body to get all the benefits of it.

Okay, I know you are saying enough stop talking give us the recipes. I am sorry for going on but I feel really guilty for what I did yesterday with my eating and the weight that I have gained today so I just had to get it off my chest. 

But in addition to me just venting and trying to get rid of some of the guilt that I have from not eating properly and gaining so much weight; I put all of this on this blog so that you my faithful subscribers realize that everyone slips up when it comes to diet. 

Even though my job is to help people achieve Wellness, Health and more often than not that includes losing weight, even though it's what I do for a living, that I still have bad days. I call these days hiccups. 

So every once in awhile it's normal for everyone to get a case of the eating hiccups and eat foods that are not so good for them and gain some extra weight. The only problem is that it's really easy to pack on these extra pounds. You can do it in the course of just one day or possibly even two but it usually takes double the amount of time to get those extra pounds off of your body. 

For me I try to keep these hiccup days to a minimum but like I said it's been a little bit difficult for me lately and I do know better but I guess it's just a mental thing. I've been eating so perfectly and so clean for such a long time that I guess I am just letting down my hair so to speak and not being so perfect. 

The good thing is that even though my sugar level has been increasing a little bit it's not totally out of control. My sugar levels are still good but they are not as good as when I was following a perfect diet. I do admit I have been indulging a little bit more on the weekends with some food that I have not eaten in quite some time and I know that I should definitely stop this if I want to maintain my goal sugar levels and my goal body weight. 

And this just reinforces what I tell all of my weight loss and health clients; that losing weight and being healthy is not about just a diet. It's not about following a nutrition or a weight loss plan for 30 days and getting some phenomenal results and then blowing it all up by eating and drinking whatever you want. 

If you do that you'll just go back to the same body weight and same level of health and fitness as you did before you started the weight loss plan. So it's truly about making a change of Lifestyle. 

So once in awhile you're going to take a little vacation from this healthy lifestyle and that's not such a big deal it's not a problem just as long as you know what you're doing and after a little bit of not doing things exactly as your weight loss plan calls for that you realize what you are doing; that you understand what you are doing and hopefully you know why you are doing it and you get it under control and you get back into doing everything you need to do to maintain the healthier lifestyle. 

And now here we go, here are the great recipes that I told you about.

Veggie and Bacon Omelet
Starting your day with a delicious omelet loaded with lots of good healthy veggies extra protein and your good healthy fats is a fantastic way to start today and get you into fat burning mode.
Ingredients:  
Chopped asparagus - 10 stalks
One quarter cup of water
Bacon - 4 slices chopped up
extra-virgin olive oil - one tspn
3 eggs
Shredded cheese - one quarter cup
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Ground pepper - 1/8 teaspoon

Cover and cook the bunch of asparagus with the water until it’s a bit soft. Start by having the water and asparagus boil and then once it is boiling cover the pan and let it cook for approx 2 min or so or until the asparagus is a little soft. Once it starts to boil it will probably take another 2 minutes or so until it’s soft. Then take the cover off and just let it cook until the water evaporates. This normally takes 1-2 min more. Then we add the oil and bacon to the pan and mix nicely. You can also add 1 tsp of butter to the pan to help prevent sticking. Once the butter has melted add the eggs and let it cook. You want to stir occasionally until the egg is firm and then add the cheese, pepper and salt. You can add the remaining water if needed if it dries out to quickly. You can then cover the pan and allow everything, cheese, etc… to melt and blend nicely. Cook until it’s all cooked thoroughly all the way through. This has approx 200 calories.


Herbal Omelet
This omelet reminds me of the delicious Sunday morning breakfast that my grand-mom Sophia would make.
Onion - one cup diced
Water - one quarter cup
extra-virgin olive oil - one tsp
large eggs - 3
One teaspoon of dried oregano
salt - ⅛ tsp
cheese - 2 tbsp

Let's start by sauteing the  onion in the ¼ cup of water until the onion is soft and cook until the water has evaporated, then add the olive oil and continue to cook until the onion is browned a bit and next we add the eggs and stir occasionally, mixing everything together nicely. Finally add the cheese and other ingredients - cover and let it melt together nicely. This has about 200 calories.

Banana Cocoa Smoothie
Coconut milk - one whole cup
unsweetened cocoa powder - two tbsps
Stevia or any sugar substitute - to taste
1 small banana
Combine all the ingredients into the blender and enjoy.

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
full fat organic greek yogurt  - one cup
1/2 cup of  blueberries or any other fruit that you choose   
cinnamon - one tsp
Put the yogurt in a glass then put the fruit on top of the yogurt and sprinkle the cinnamon over everything.

Morning Good Taco
Warm and soften two whole wheat tortillas topped with with one tbsp of salsa and two tbsps of shredded cheese until the cheese is melted. At the same time you should be cooking (scrambling) two to three eggs and then divide the eggs over top of the tortillas. Then enjoy these delicious tacos.

Give these recipes a try and let me know how you like them and come back next week for more weight loss tips.