Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia Reviews

Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia Reviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

How To Break a Weight Loss Plateau

Sometimes in life do you ever feel like no matter how much you try and no matter how well you play and things that something always go wrong. Well today has been one of those things for me. Since I have been trying to lose weight I have planned out my meals for two days ahead of time. 

I do not physically prepare the meals but I try to have everything together so that I could whip everything up very quickly. For breakfast this morning I planned to have a nice big cup of healthy fat coffee. 

I used a French press to make my coffee and I used a nice combination of the coffee beans from Dunkin' Donuts and then I used some espresso coffee beans. 

As everything was sitting nicely in the French press, the aroma of the coffee just filled the entire kitchen smelled so good. Then I got out my grass fed pastured butter (or you could use ghee) and my jar of virgin coconut oil and put everything into my Nutrabullet. And of course as soon as I start blending everything together there is a leak. 

And my wonderful ketosis coffee is suddenly  splashing all over the place. Not only did it splash on me and the counter top but it's splashed on my computer where I was writing an article for my blog this morning. Suffice to say the article that I was originally planning on writing and posting has been replaced by the article that you are reading right now. 

So, after I cleaned up the mess that I made; I sat down for a few minutes and enjoyed my delicious healthy fat coffee. And I even made extra so that I could take it with me and enjoy it throughout the day. My plan is to have this coffee as my source of fuel, energy the only food that I eat until lunchtime. A

nd I plan on having a late lunch. I will probably have lunch around 1 PM or 2 PM today. The weather is a bit nasty today. It's rainy, damp and windy. It's definitely not the type of warm sunny day that I was expecting as we are going into the second week of April. 

So instead of my wife meeting me at Panera bread for a lunch date I will probably just go home and have lunch with her. My wife makes an awesome low carb egg salad for me, with hard-boiled eggs and she prepares a low-carb sugar-free mayonnaise. You can actually find this recipe for the low-carb sugar-free mayonnaise on this blog somewhere.

If I have time and I can find the recipe I probably should just post it with this article today. 

So that's what I plan on having for lunch;  the low carb egg  salad with low-fat no sugar mayonnaise probably plus another cup of coffee with some half-and-half or heavy whipping cream and a few drops of liquid Stevia. 

This past weekend I was lucky and just happened upon a store that had sugar-free vanilla syrup. Normally I have to order this from Amazon if I want to get something special like this because the stores in my local area do not carry such awesome tasting foods that are sugar-free. 

So for dinner I am going to have salmon with some roasted brussels sprouts and I was planning for  dessert I'm going to make a great cup of cappuccino and I'm going to add in the sugar-free vanilla syrup. And hopefully I will not make another mess while preparing it. 

For my weigh in this morning I weighed 169.5 pounds. I would really like to get down to 165 pounds again. But for some reason I have been having a very difficult time getting below 168 pounds. 

I noticed that my legs are a bit more muscular as compared to when I was 165 pounds so I really do think that the extra weight is coming from my leg muscles. When I gave my wife a hug this morning she complained that my upper torso was too bony. She can actually felt my ribs and my clavicles so I don't think I am fat. 

Although my abs are not as cut as they are when I'm closer to 165 lbs. But just for me personally I feel much better when I am 165 pounds. So I am going to put some extra effort into getting back to the body weight again. 

I have been looking on my computer for that sugar-free low carb mayonnaise recipe but I have not been able to find it. And it's so much easier just to go to the supermarket and buy sugar free mayonnaise. 

So if you are into making your own low carb food you can search my blog here and you will find the recipe or just buy the sugar free version at the supermarket. 

And just because it's one of those days I might enjoy some sugar-free Jell-O with my cappuccino at the end of the day. I'm going to  try to keep my diet very tight and clean for the next week to get down to 165 pounds and if that doesn't work I am probably going to have to add some low intensity cardiovascular exercise like walking. 

The plan for at least the next 3 days is to have for my breakfast the healthy fat coffee and for maybe one or even two days I will have that for lunch also and not eat until dinner time. whenever I get in these little plateaus of weight loss I usually do a 24-hour fast. 

I do not starve myself; it just means that at the end of one day I have my dinner and I do not eat until dinner the next day. But I do enjoy my good healthy fat coffee throughout the day of my fasting period.

Every so often I will do this for 2 days back to back but I only do this when I am desperate because the weight is just not coming off or my blood sugar levels are very high. 

I hope you all enjoyed this article please come back next week and I will have some more health and wellness tips for you.